Southern California Live Steamers - Miniature Railroad Photography By: Photography By: Photography By: Photography By:
Copyright 2009, Absolute Internet, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Southern California Live Steamers Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Railroad Tracks, Layouts and Rolling Stock > Rolling Stock Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

box car

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PhilC View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: box car
    Posted: Dec 29 2008 at 10:12pm
Need to talk you into building it in 2.5" or 3.75" scale Big smile  I don't fit well with those little ones as you know.

I am currently in Phoenix. Went to the Maricopa Live Steamers yesterday and rode around for a while. Amazing setup they have out there, almost 13 miles of track. Really nice folks too. But I will be glad to get back to SCLS, there is no place like home. 

Phil

I used to be a rocket scientist, now I am just a space cadet.
------------------------------
You only need three tools in life - WD-40, Duct Tape, and a Hammer. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Sponsored Links

tom d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2008 at 8:10am
I have bin working on a set of plans for a PS-1 in 1.5 sale that I will be building in the next few mouths.after I build the fist one I thout it would be fun to do a group building of a few more with club members. I think the pullman standerd box car is a good one to copy as it has not been copyd in 1.5  scale laty if at all  it has few rivets which take a lot of time to do and there was a lot of them built for many railroads for a long time with many diffent types of the same base car used. only thing is I dont think any of are loco railroads onwed many or any of this type of box car.I was planing for the ends,doors,and roof secions to be made of a cast reson this will give the car good detail and make it much ezer to build.If you like to be part of the build group check back as I will post photos as I build the fist car and when its done Ill set up the the group hopfuly this will be a fun thing to do,tom downing 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic